M.H.K / M.S.M.L.
There are two degrees, Applied Human Performance (MHK) and Sport Management and Leadership (MSML), both of which offer a thesis option and an internship option.
- The internship option combines coursework with a practical work term placement designed to serve as an enrichment experience. The thesis option provides students with the opportunity to design and conduct a research project in their area of scholarly interest.
- The Applied Human Performance (MHK) specialization focuses on the application of movement science in sport, the workplace, and activities of daily living. Students pursue course work, thesis research, and/or internships that examines the basic and applied principles of human biomechanics, motor performance and exercise physiology.
- The Sport Management and Leadership (MSML) specialization focuses upon the understanding of the components of organizational behaviour in the context of amateur and professional sport environments. Students will pursue course work and either thesis research or an internship that focuses on topics such as leadership, organizational effectiveness, sport marketing, organizational change, and philosophical, historical, and social issues of management.
- According to SportBusiness International’s Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings, our Sport Management and Leadership (MSML) program has ranked in the top 25 of university programs of its kind across the globe.
Ph.D. in Kinesiology
- The main goal of the PhD program in Kinesiology is to allow students interested in the Applied Human Performance or Sport Management and Leadership to develop excellence in designing, conducting and disseminating research knowledge to the broader community including the workplace; sport, recreation, and leisure environments; teaching and pedagogy; and exercise, physical activity and rehabilitation settings.
Areas of Research include:
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Motor Behaviour and Lifespan Development
- Physical Activity and Cardiovascular Research (PACR)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport Management
Program Specific Admission Requirements
Deadline for Fall: February 1. Applications received after the deadline will undergo review until the program is full.
Deadline for Winter: September 1 (M.H.K./M.S.M.L. only). Applications received after the deadline will undergo review until the program is full.
Deadline for Summer: January 1 (M.H.K./M.S.M.L. only). Applications received after the deadline will undergo review until the program is full.
English Language Proficiency Requirement: For applicants whose native language is not English, score requirments are available on the Graduate English Language Proficiency Requirement Senate policy website.
M.H.K.: Two Academic References. Please also complete the MHK Supplementary Admissions Form
M.S.M.L.: Two Academic References. Please also complete the MSML Supplementary Admissions Form
Ph.D.: Three References (two academic), Resume/CV, Letter indicating proposed field of study, a sample of written work, a personal statement of interest