LLM (Master of Laws)
- LLM students take courses that enable them to develop a strong research foundation and deepen their knowledge in a given legal or socio-legal field.
- Courses include Research Methods, a Graduate Seminar and Legal Theory.
- Students enrolled in the LLM with Certificate in University Teaching and Learning stream complete courses in law teaching, lecturing, course design and pedagogical assessment.
- An emphasis on rigorous scholarship centred on our institutional themes of Access to Justice and Transnational Law.
- An innovative experiential learning component that allows students in the LLM with Certificate in University Teaching and Learning stream to complete a certificate in university teaching, and to engage in law teaching during the course of their study.
- Windsor Law has earned distinction among law schools for its emphases on access to justice, community service and transnational law — and our faculty reflect this focus.
- Together, they form a vibrant intellectual and social community that provides our students with an appreciation of law as a vehicle for legal and social change.
Two Streams of Study
- One-year(12-month) regular LLM
- Two-year (24-month) LLM with Certificate in University Teaching and Learning.
The central requirement for both streams is the completion of original publishable research. This major written piece of original research, or thesis, may be submitted as a single document or as a set of related publishable papers addressing a single research question and totalling approximately 100-125 pages.
Research Centres, Initiatives and Journals
Windsor Law is home to a variety of active research centres, initiatives and journals that showcase faculty member expertise and in which graduate students may become involved including:
- Transnational Law and Justice Network (TLJN)
- Law, Technology and Entrepreneur Clinic (LTEC)
- Windsor Yearbook of Access to Justice (WYAJ)
Program Specific Admission Requirements
Deadline for Fall: August 1, 2022 for Fall 2022
Minimum TOEFL: IBT-100
Minimum IELTS: 7.0
Minimum Pearson: 68
Academic Writing Sample