- The Master of Medical Biotechnology is a professional program that provides students with both a solid foundation of the theoretical concepts and practical industrially- applicable laboratory technique experiences used in medical biotechnology industries.
- In addition, students will also receive training in business plan development and product commercialization.
- The skills and knowledge taught in this program will allow you to develop a successful career in biotech entrepreneurship, medical and pharmaceutical materials characterization, medical diagnostics or biotechnology product development/monitoring.
- In addition, the Master of Medical Biotechnology program can be a route for career advancement if you are currently employed in biotechnology and/or related medical and pharmaceutical industries.
- The courses will have multi-disciplinary relevance and provide the practical knowledge required to excel in the complex environment of Medical Biotechnology.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
An applicant must hold a four (4) year BSc or BSc (Honours) degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or accepted equivalent from an academic institution approved by the University of Windsor. They must have the equivalent of a 70% average or higher in their undergraduate studies when converted to Ontario standards. This is a premium program. As such, enrolment is limited. Preference will be given to candidates who exceed the minimum requirements and those who have demonstrated work experience in the field of biotechnology.
Deadline for Fall: The Fall 2023 term is at capacity and the application portal is now closed. The Fall 2024 application portal is open, with an application deadline of March 1st.
Minimum TOEFL: IBT-83 (with a minimum score of 21 in no more than one band).
Minimum IELTS: 6.5 (with not more than one band in reading, writing, speaking, listening at or below 6.0).
Applicants must submit a Statement of Objectives
Two letters of References
Upon acceptance of an offer of admission a deposit of $4000 is due within 21-days. Please refer to the information on deposits included with your offer.