Please contact your Dean's office for submission deadline dates (during Summer 2020).
The deadline date for all completed sabbatical applications from the Dean's Office are to be submitted to the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Academic by September 15 of each year.
Requirements to Submit:
- Sabbatical Leave Application Cover Page completed, with Signatures of AAU Head and Dean
- Sabbatical Leave Application Form ; Questions #1 to #8 inclusive completed
- Print out of Electronic Curriculum Vitae
- Hard copy of all previous sabbatical leave reports
- Letter of recommendation from AAU Head (where applicable) and Dean.
Research and Scholarly Activity to Provide:
- Name of all co-authors
- Title of article
- Name of journal
- Volume number of journal
- Date of publication*
- Article page numbers
*Use the following Terminology for Publications:
- In Progress: Research writing currently being undertaken
- Completed: Research writing substantially written by not yet submitted for publication
- Submitted: Research writing in the hands of the publisher, but not yet approved for publication (indicate date year and month submitted)
- In Press: Research writing approved for publication (attach letter of acceptance from the publisher and indicate date year and month)
- Published: Article has been published
Requirements upon Completion of Sabbatical (Article 17:07(c)):
- Submit to the Provost, with copies to the Dean and Head, within ninety (90) days of the expiry date of the faculty member's sabbatical leave a written report of her/his study, research or other such activity carried out during the period of the leave.
Please send report to the attention of Ms. Cindy Wills in the Office of the Provost.
(Sabbatical application updated May 2020)