Bridge to University for Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Registration for the 2020 BUILD Program is now open. Please download a registration form here.
The BUILD Program (download the PDF flyer for the program here) was created to ease the transition to university for students with documented learning disabilities and/or ADHD. During this program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Get a head start on their orientation to campus life while exploring the unique opportunities and challenges faced by students with learning disabilities
- Learn about the variety of services and supports available on campus and through Student Accessibility Services
- Discover valuable techniques, strategies, and technology to help maximize their learning potential
- Meet and socialize with fellow students, colleagues, and university staff and faculty
- Have opportunities to participate in additional learning skills workshops at strategic points throughout the semester
During their participation in the BUILD Program, students are provided with vital information and support through orientation workshops, peer mentoring, academic skills training, and one-on-one advising (a sample schedule is available here). Participating students will be provided with FREE accommodations and meals during the BUILD program. Additional workshops (reBUILD sessions) will be offered at strategic points throughout the academic year. To participate in the BUILD Program, students must:
- have been granted admission to the University of Windsor
- possess documentation suggesting the presence of a learning disability or ADHD. For the purposes of BUILD Program participation only, this can take the form of an IPRC report, IEP summary, or a psycho educational assessment report
- submit a completed BUILD Program application by the posted deadline
The BUILD Program will run from August 26 - 28, 2020. Please submit a registration form by August 14 if you would like to be considered for the program.
Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com.