Bridge to University for Individuals with Learning Disabilities and/or ADHD (BUILD)
Registration for the 2022 BUILD Program is now open.
Please complete an online application form here.
The BUILD Program (download the PDF flyer for the program here) was created to ease the transition to university for students with documented learning disabilities and/or ADHD.
During this free program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Get a head start on their orientation to campus life while exploring the unique opportunities and challenges faced by students with learning disabilities and/or ADHD
- Learn about the variety of services and supports available on campus and through Student Accessibility Services
- Discover valuable techniques, strategies, and technology to help maximize their learning potential
- Meet and socialize with fellow students, colleagues, and university staff and faculty
- Learn how to navigate the University's main websites
- Participate in additional learning skills workshops at strategic points throughout the semester
To participate in the BUILD Program, students must:
- Have been granted admission to the University of Windsor
- Possess documentation suggesting the presence of a learning disability or ADHD. For the purposes of BUILD Program participation only, this can take the form of an IPRC report, IEP summary, or a psycho educational assessment report
- Submit an email with the completed BUILD Program application by the posted deadline (August 14th)
Students must participate in all 3 mandatory workshops and there will be a total of 3 different workshops. After the workshops, there will be an optional activity. During the activities, students will get the chance to connect and meet the other BUILD students.The BUILD Program is a transition program for high school students entering their first year at university. Its objective is to provide critical information allowing students to be successful in their university careers. BUILD runs from Tuesday, August 30th, 2022, and finishes on Friday, September 2nd, 2022, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm each day. There are numerous activities and discussions during this 4-day program such as an in-depth campus orientation, time- management, goal setting, and planning skills workshops, information on the services Student Accessibility Services provides including techniques and technology to maximize learning, information about other student services, and lastly an opportunity for social interaction and networking with university personnel, as well as past and present students. There is no cost to this program, and it includes all meals, activities, and excursions!
Please submit a registration form by August 14th if you would like to be considered for the program.
Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com.