More than $1,000,000 in Strategic Priority Fund expenditures will go to create 10 new academic positions across the University, provost Leo Groarke announced Friday.
“The need for new positions is great: one wishes that the university budget allowed for more,” he said. “We have made some progress in building a more sustainable budget model. While there are still challenges, we hope it will enable us to build a budget that will allow for more positions in the future.”
The adjudication committee approved the following positions:
- In the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, one tenure-track position in each of Communications, Media and Film; Psychology; and Sociology, Anthropology and Criminology.
- In the Odette School of Business, one tenure-track position in international business.
- In the Faculty of Engineering, one tenure-track position in an area to be determined.
- In the Faculty of Human Kinetics, one three-year limited-term appointment in movement science.
- In the Centre for Interfaculty Programs, one tenure-track position in digital journalism.
- In the Faculty of Nursing, one permanent-track ancillary academic staff II position, for a clinical practice learning specialist.
- In the Faculty of Science, one tenure-track position in each of Biological Sciences and Mathematics and Statistics.
The 10 new positions are in addition to 35 other appointments created since July 2012, said Dr. Groarke.
“I am glad to be able to report that a significant number of positions have been created at the University of Windsor over this period, despite the challenging financial picture in the university sector,” he said.