Give blood and help save a life. Join the Alumni Association's Partner for Life team with Canadian Blood Services.
The Alumni Association is a Canadian Blood Services’ (CBS) Partner for Life. As Alumni, your donation can count towards our pledge of 50 blood donations in 2022. Friends of the Alumni Association and University of Windsor can also donate to our pledge.
Make a blood donation in Windsor at the Canadian Blood Services Windsor location (3909 Grand Marais Rd E) or any Canadian Blood Services location near you. You can book an appointment online, call 1 888 2DONATE (1-888-236-6283) or download the GiveBlood App.
To have your donation included in the Alumni Association’s pledge:
- To join the Alumni Association's Partner for Life team, complete the Partners for Life Registration Form prior to using the Alumni Association’s partner ID (UNIV0092223).
- Tell clinic staff upon arrival that you would like your donation to count towards the Alumni Association’s pledge.
Other ways to donate
Living outside of Windsor? You can donate at any Canadian Blood Services’ clinic, during clinic hours. Visit Blood.ca to book your appointment and be sure to use the Alumni Association’s partner ID.
Other Important Information for Donors
- Donors must be 17 years or older, in good general health, meet our height and weight requirements and other eligibility requirements.
- It’s important that all donors bring a government-issued ID (drivers license, health card, or passport) or their Canadian Blood Services ID.
- It’s helpful for donors to bring a list of current medication (if applicable) as some varieties may interfere with the donation process.
- Donors are highly encouraged to drink plenty of water and eat a salty snack before donating.
- Interested donors can review the Donor Questionnaire on our website – blood.ca/questionnaire
- Any donors who have medical inquiries can call 1 888 2 DONATE (1 888 236-6283) and ask to speak to an information nurse.