Join us for our next Alumni Cares Blood Drive, January 23-28.
The University of Windsor Alumni Association will adopt Windsor’s Canadian Blood Services Clinic for a blood drive Jan. 23 to 28 and is inviting the community to consider making a life-saving donation.
As a Canadian Blood Services Partner for Life, the university community is also invited to join the Alumni Association’s team to have their donations counted toward its 2023 pledge.
To encourage participation, the Alumni Association will provide T-shirts to all Partners for Life team members who donate at the Windsor Canadian Blood Services location during the drive period. Participants who take a photo and tag the Alumni Association’s social media accounts (@uwinalumni) between Jan. 23 and 28 will also be entered into a random draw to win a wellness prize pack valued at over $100.
To join the Alumni Associations Partners for Life team and claim your T-shirt, follow the steps below:
Give blood and help save a life. Join the Alumni Association's Partners for Life team with Canadian Blood Services.
The Alumni Association is a Canadian Blood Services’ (CBS) Partner for Life. As Alumni, your donation can count towards our pledge of 50 blood donations in 2023. Friends of the Alumni Association and University of Windsor can also donate to our pledge.
Make a blood donation in Windsor at the Canadian Blood Services Windsor location (3909 Grand Marais Rd E) or any Canadian Blood Services location near you. You can book an appointment online, call 1 888 2DONATE (1-888-236-6283) or download the GiveBlood App.
Join the Alumni Association's Partners for Life Team:
- Set up an account on blood.ca or on the GiveBlood app for Apple or Android
- Select “partners” from the menu
- Select “join a team” and search University of Windsor Alumni Association (UNIV0092223) – a drop down list will appear.
- Select the team you wish to join;
- Book your next appointment.
- When donating, notify the clinic staff that you're with the University of Windsor Alumni Association to receive your t-shirt.
Alumni and friends living outside of the Windsor area are encouraged to donate at a local Canadian Blood Services location wearing UWindsor swag.
Other Important Information for Donors
- Donors must be 17 years or older, in good general health, meet our height and weight requirements and other eligibility requirements.
- It’s important that all donors bring a government-issued ID (drivers license, health card, or passport) or their Canadian Blood Services ID.
- It’s helpful for donors to bring a list of current medication (if applicable) as some varieties may interfere with the donation process.
- Donors are highly encouraged to drink plenty of water and eat a salty snack before donating.
- Interested donors can review the Donor Questionnaire on our website – blood.ca/questionnaire
- Any donors who have medical inquiries can call 1 888 2 DONATE (1 888 236-6283) and ask to speak to an information nurse.