Launched in January 2021, the Alumni Cares volunteer program provides opportunities for alumni and friends of the University of Windsor to give back to their communities in a meaningful and engaging way. Through volunteerism, local and global community outreach and acts of good will, the program seeks to build campus and community partnerships by collaborating to help those in need and supporting the mission of enriching the lives of students and alumni.
Alumni Cares Volunteer Opportunities
Life After 50 Volunteer Opportunities
The University of Windsor Alumni Association has partnered with Life After 50, offering various volunteer opportunities.
Telephone Assurance Caller
- Providing a friendly phone call to homebound seniors to ensure safety and general well-being.
- Calls vary from once a week to 3 times a week, Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm
Computer One to One
- Assist members with basic computer skills, cell phone and tablet use.
- This can be done by appointment, Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
If you are interested in volunteering, please call or email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com, or call 519-254-1108 x132.
Bright Lights Windsor
The City of Windsor is excited to welcome back volunteers to assist with creating the magic of Bright Lights Windsor.
- Are you excited to celebrate the holiday season? Join the programming team to ensure all guests at Bright Lights Windsor are welcomed and hooked up with all the information they need to experience the magic.
- Help Santa navigate his way through Bright Lights Windsor 2021. You will be assisting Santa to welcome kids at heart in taking selfies, providing their lists and getting a chance to have a quick chat with the "Man in the Red Suit".
- Join the programming team in assisting guests at Bright Lights WIndsor capture that special moment. You will be joining our programming team at a variety of photo pods throughout the park to assist guests by taking their photos, showing them the best spot for that perfect selfie, or just being that extra hand to capture the entire family.
YQG Hearts for Hope
- Interactive installation where our volunteers will assist guests with the activity of purchasing their heart and guiding them through the activity.
Volunteers can register at https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/Recreation/Special-Events/bright-lights-windsor/Pages/Volunteers.aspx
Alumni Snow Angels Volunteers
The University of Windsor Alumni Association has partnered with the City of Windsor's Snow Angels program to help members of the community who need it most during the winter months.
The Snow Angels program has been running for 20 years and many residents rely on the service provided by volunteers. Recently, Snow Angels' volunteer numbers have dropped which means that people like you are needed more than ever. This program has the potential to help over 400 residents of Windsor with their snow removal needs. We thank you for your interest in this program and applaud your willingness to help those in the community who need it most.
Visit the Alumni Snow Angels Volunteer website to learn more and register to volunteer.
Give blood and help save a life. Join the Alumni Association's Partner for Life team with Canadian Blood Services.
The Alumni Association is a Canadian Blood Services’ (CBS) Partner for Life. As Alumni, your donation can count towards our pledge of 50 blood donations in 2021. Friends of the Alumni Association and University of Windsor can also donate to our pledge.
Visit the Alumni Cares Blood Donation website to learn more and book your appointment.
Become a regular Alumni Association Volunteer
The Alumni Association is always seeking positive, energetic individuals who would like to volunteer. The Association has a variety of volunteer opportunities to suit different passions, skill sets and interests.
If you have the time to commit to giving back to the University of Windsor, have received a degree, diploma or certificate in a certified program of one year or more from the University of Windsor or if you're a current student, the Alumni Association has an opportunity for you.
To receive information on all Alumni Association volunteer opportunities, use the button below to complete a volunteer application.
Benefits of Volunteering with the Association
By volunteering with the Alumni Association, individuals reap the following benefits:
- Make a difference at the University of Windsor and in your community
- Network and connect with like-minded individuals in the community and meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Gain confidence
- Be a part of the local community
- Take on a new challenge
- Have fun
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
The Alumni Association offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for alumni, students and community members. Use the button below to learn more about our current volunteer opportunities.
For more information on what these volunteer roles entail, review the Alumni Association Volunteer Job Descriptions.
To discuss volunteer opportunities or to get more information, contact Rob Janisse at (519) 253-3000 ext. 4055 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.