The University of Windsor is proud to offer its alumni access to their @uwindsor.ca email account after graduation.
This continued access offers convenience (no need to set up a new email account or change your contact information with family and friends) as well as a way to put your UWindsor connection to work for you.
Accessing your alumni email account
All active alumni @uwindsor.ca email accounts are now in Outlook, the same platform used by faculty, staff and current students. Outlook offers enhanced email security, facilitates easier collaboration within the campus community and increases engagement opportunities.
To access your alumni @uwindsor.ca account in Outlook, you must:
- Know your UWin Account credentials (UWin ID and Password); and
- Actively maintain your UWin Account by changing your password every 120 days.
To sign in to your alumni @uwindsor.ca account in Outlook:
- Go to www.uwindsor.ca/email.
- Click the Sign in to Outlook button.
- On the Sign in screen, enter (or select) your UWinID@uwindsor.ca. Click the Next button.
- On the Enter password screen, enter your UWin Account password. Click the Sign in button.
Spring 2020 and beyond graduates: keeping your @uwindsor.ca account
If you graduated from the University of Windsor in Spring 2020 or beyond, you can continue to use your @uwindsor.ca email account through the Outlook Web App (OWA). To keep your @uwindsor.ca email account in good standing as an alum, you need to change your UWin Account password every 120 days using account.uwindsor.ca.
Please note that after you graduate you will lose access to your OneDrive as well as the online and desktop versions of Microsoft 365 Apps other than the Outlook Web App.
Spring 2008 – Fall 2020 graduates
All alumni who graduated between Spring 2008 and Fall 2020 automatically had their @uwindsor.ca email accounts maintained in UWin Gmail as alumni accounts. In March 2021, the active accounts were migrated from Gmail to Outlook. Any alumni @uwindsor.ca email for which the associated UWin Account that was not in good standing as of March 2021 was not migrated and was disabled in Gmail. Some alumni requested to have their accounts reactivated between March 2021 and April 2022, and their email accounts and associated attachements were moved to Outlook Web App.
Graduates prior to Spring 2020 and those who did not have their accounts migrated from UWin Gmail to Outlook can request an alumni email account.
- Gather your Student Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you don’t have these credentials, please call the Office of the Registrar at 519-253-3000 ext 3315 or submit a service request through ask.UWindsor.ca.
- With your Student Number and PIN, complete the Alumni Account Activation.
- IMPORTANT: Wait for 30 seconds! If you do not recall your UWin ID, take this time to use the Display Your UWin ID tool to get it.
- Next, Verify Your Password.
- On the Verify Password Result screen, look to see that the Active Directory entry is “uwinid exists in Active Directory and the password is correct.” If it is, proceed to step 6.
- IMPORTANT: Wait for 30 minutes for your mailbox to be created.
- After 30 minutes, go to www.uwindsor.ca/email and click the Sign in to Outlook button to access your email account.
UWindsor Student Number and PIN/PAC:
- Your UWindsor Student Number is a 9-digit number.
- Your PIN (formerly known as a PAC) is generally 4-6 numbers.
- If you are unable to recall your Student Number and/or PIN/PAC, please follow the steps outlined in this ask.UWindsor article.