This year’s Bio Innovative Solutions (BIS) competition hopes to encourage entrepreneurial thinking and problem solving amongst University students. Teams will have the opportunity to present their ideas to a panel of judges consisting of both industry professionals and researchers who will assess their proposals on the basis of three criteria: (1) Innovation, (2) Market Potential, and (3) Technical Detail. Teams will submit a proposal identifying the problem and their proposed solution and will present five minute pitch in front of the judging panel at the Biotechnology Entrepreneurship Symposium.
The BIS competition will facilitate inter-disciplinary interaction, research, and friendship which will be both academically and personally beneficial to participants. The connections made and practise gained over the course of this competition will enrich and diversify the knowledge and understanding of each participant’s field of study. We hope that participants will gain new skills and discover new opportunities that will help them on their journeys.
The goal is to propose an innovative solution to a problem related to the field of Biotechnology. Your solution must be logically and technically sound, achievable by today’s technology, and be able to be commercialized and grown into a company or organization.
Teams are encouraged to be multidisciplinary and will consist of three to four members that are University or College graduate and/or undergraduate students.
Good luck to all participants!
2015 BIS Competition Finalists
- SensOR Medical Labs
- Future Tech.
Congratulations Finalists! Thank you to all applicants!
The Winner of the 2015 BIS Competition is Team HalfBrain, congratulations!
***The Deadlines Have Been Extended - Please Refer To This NEW TIMELINE***
- September 23rd, 2015 – Deadline for the submission of the names of your team members and a team name by 11:59 pm. * Send an e-mail to email@example.com or register online.
- Include names and programs of all team members and their roles in the team
- September 23rd, 2015 – Deadline for the one page brief proposal (mandatory, will be used to select the top 10 teams)
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the .pdf file of your brief proposal
- Be sure again to include your team name and the names of your team members
- September 28th, 2015 – 10 successful teams are selected for the Business Pitch Competition
- October 3rd, 2015 – Business Pitch Competition and Award Presentation (selection of the winner).
***Please note that teams of two members will now be permitted to enter the competition***
Registration for the 2015 BIS Competition is now closed.