Kyle M. Brykman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Management
519-253-3000 ext. 4214
Office: OB 322B
- Ph.D. Queen's University - Smith School of Business, Kingston, Canada, Management, 2018.
- M.Sc. Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Canada, Organizational Behaviour (Human Resource Management Emphasis), 2013.
- B.Comm. University of Western Ontario - Richard Ivey School of Business, London, Canada, 2009.
- Interpersonal Team Dynamics
- Hartmann, S.; Backmann, J., Newman, A., Brykman, K.M. & Pidduck, R.J. (2022). Psychological resilience of entrepreneurs: A review and agenda for future research. Journal of Small Business Management, http://doi.org/10.1080/00472778.2021.2024216. [February]
- Brykman, K.M. & King, D.D. (2021) A resource model of team resilience capacity and learning. Group & Organization Management, http://doi.org/10.1177/10596011211018008. [May]
- Brykman, K.M. & Raver, J.L. (2021). To speak up often or effectively? The effects of voice quality and voice frequency on peers' and managers' evaluations. Journal of Organizational Behavior, http://doi.org/10.1002/job.2509.
- Brykman, K.M. & O'Neill, T.A. (2020). Beyond aggregation: How voice disparity relates to team conflict, satisfaction, and performance. Small Group Research, http://doi.org/10.1177/1046496420956391.