The Athletics Department is offering DailyNews readers a chance to win gold seat tickets to watch the no. 10 Lancer football team take on the no. 8 McMaster Marauders on Alumni Field, Saturday, September 17, at 7 p.m.
Two lucky winners will each receive a pair of tickets in the premium gold section of University of Windsor stadium. Just send your answers to the following trivia questions. The winners will be randomly selected from all correct responses received by 4 p.m. on Thursday, September 17.
The Lancers scored a rouge as time ran out to defeat Laurier 41-40 last week. How many times did Windsor kicker Dan Cerino punt in the course of that final play?
Which Lancer leads the team in rushing yards so far this season?
a) Shomari Grant
b) Austin Kennedy
c) Paul Lefaive
d) Sam Malian
Which Lancer leads the team in in receiving yards so far this season?
a) Jordan Brescacin
b) Cory Fernandes
c) Evan Pszczonak
d) Mark Riggi
Contest is open to all readers of the DailyNews. Send an e-mail with your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. One entry per contestant, please.
Staffer gets chemistry right in Detroit sports quiz
Matthew Revington, NMR facility coordinator in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, was the winner of yesterday’s DailyNews contest; his name was drawn from all correct entries. For the record, the answers were:
- Lem Barney and Billy Sims both wore #20 before Barry Sanders, but only Barney is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Adrian Dantley was traded away before the Pistons 1989 championship.
- Red Wing Gordie Howe is Mr. Hockey.
- Tiger Denny McLain’s 31 wins in 1968 is more than any pitcher since.
- Lions Mel Farr and Lem Barney can be heard on Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going On.
Revington will receive the prize of a jute shopping bag provided by the Alumni Office.