The campus campaign for the United Way will close its 2012 effort January 16; UWindsor employees who make a donation before then may qualify for a prize draw.
Faculty and staff who pledge a minimum of $52—just $2 per pay period—by that date will be entered into a draw for the following prizes:
- a pass for a year’s free parking on campus;
- three separate chances to win an extra day’s vacation;
- two tickets to each of the University Players three productions in winter semester;
- four separate chances to win two-ticket passes to the School of Music concert of your choice;
- a year’s membership in the Forge Fitness Centre.
Contributions are tax-deductible; UWindsor employees can make them painless through payroll deduction, having a set amount deducted from each pay cheque.
The community-wide United Way drive set a 2012 fundraising target of $5.1 million. UWindsor faculty and staff have consistently contributed about $100,000 a year to that total over the last few years, said John McGinlay, a member of the campus campaign organizing committee.
Contact your canvasser for more information or to submit your pledge form, or visit the United Way webpage.