The Windsor University Faculty Association’s Status of Women, Diversity, and Equity Action Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2013 Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award.
The award is named to honour Mary Lou Dietz—a late UWindsor faculty member and former head of the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology—in recognition of her contributions to the advancement of women in Canadian universities and colleges.
The recipient will be a member or former member of the faculty association who demonstrates the spirit of equity leadership by:
- Public advocacy on equity;
- Leadership in recruiting and mentoring diverse candidates and colleagues;
- Scholarly work, including paper presentations, lectures, or publications on equity;
- Service on equity committees;
- Innovative strategies for creating a climate of equity on campus;
- Service to the faculty association in the area of employment equity and human rights;
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and support to students;
- Excellence in teaching and innovative curriculum design to further the cause of employment equity and diversity.
Nominations must include the nominee’s name and credentials, as well as a single page outlining the nominee’s accomplishments and contributions, addressing the criteria set out above, and should be received by March 15, 2013.
Send nominations to the faculty association office by:
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as an MS-Word document or
- mail to WUFA, 366 Sunset Avenue, Windsor ON N9B 3P4
Find details and forms on the faculty association’s website, Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award.