As the campus United Way campaign team prepares to e-mail its e-Pledge forms to faculty and staff, organizers have planned an incentive raffle offering exciting prizes.
The three-week term of the campaign encourages early response to the appeal. Pledges of at least $1 per week, or totalling $52 over the course of a year, will qualify for a draw for prizes—and the earlier you pledge, the more chances you have to win.
The e-mails directing supporters to the online donation forms will start hitting inboxes Tuesday. Respondents by June 16 will receive five electronic ballots in the draw; those who respond by June 23 will receive three ballots; and a response by June 30 earns a single chance to win.
The draw, scheduled for July 7, features the following prizes:
- an LG 22-inch LED television;
- two separate chances at a Samsung Galaxy seven-inch Tab 3 tablet computer;
- a Kobo eReader with cover;
- a Garmin Vivofit fitness band;
- a My Passport Ultra one-terabyte portable hard drive;
- Mint Raindrop Bluetooth wireless stereo speakers;
- a pass for one year’s free parking on campus;
- three separate chances to win an extra day’s vacation;
- two separate chances to win a ticket to each of the University Players three productions in winter semester;
- four separate chances to win two-ticket passes to the School of Creative Arts music concert of your choice;
- one year’s membership in the Forge Fitness Centre.
The winners will be publicized through DailyNews and other communications.
Each e-Pledge notice is personalized to the recipient, providing a link to an individual account noting their previous donations level. To preserve your privacy, do not forward the e-mail message.
More information about United Way, including the priorities the local charity has set for Windsor-Essex communities, is available on the campaign website.