This week marks the final opportunity for campus donors to United Way to qualify for a prize draw. All pledges of at least $1 per week or $52 a year will earn supporters a ballot for the July 7 draw, which features a number of prizes:
- an LG 22-inch LED television;
- two separate chances at a Samsung Galaxy seven-inch Tab 3 tablet computer;
- a Kobo eReader with cover;
- a Garmin Vivofit fitness band;
- a My Passport Ultra one-terabyte portable hard drive;
- Mint Raindrop Bluetooth wireless stereo speakers;
- a pass for one year’s free parking on campus;
- three separate chances to win an extra day’s vacation;
- two separate chances to win a ticket to each of the University Players three productions in winter semester;
- four separate chances to win two-ticket passes to the School of Creative Arts music concert of your choice;
- one year’s membership in the Forge Fitness Centre.
Staff and faculty have received invitations to give through ePledge, an online system that makes donating convenient—whether through payroll deduction or a one-time gift. All contributions are tax-deductible.
More information about United Way, including the priorities the local charity has set for Windsor-Essex communities, is available on the campaign website.