The initial trial of the ePledge system for faculty and staff donors to the United Way has proven very successful, say organizers.
“We are well on our way to reaching our target for the year,” says campaign chair Datta Pillay.
Launching the online system in June made reaching campus employees a challenge, he acknowledges: “Even some of our most committed contributors were not available to respond.”
So the campaign will follow up in September with communications aimed at those who were out of contact this past month. The committee will extend its prize draw to include donors from that period as well as those who have already given.
Winners of the prize draw for June donors included:
- one-year campus parking pass: Alison Samson
- an extra vacation day: Maria Blass
- an LG 22-inch LED television: Heather Pratt
- a Samsung Galaxy seven-inch Tab 3 tablet computer: Linda Patrick
- a Garmin Vivofit fitness band: Bala Kathiresan
- a three-show pass to University Players: Kent Walker
- two-ticket packs to School of Creative Arts concerts: Nick Keren, Sheri Lowrie
- a My Passport Ultra one-terabyte portable hard drive: Wai Ling Yee
More information about United Way, including the priorities the local charity has set for Windsor-Essex communities, is available on the campaign website.