RSVPs are due by Friday, March 6, for the Organization of Part-time University Students (OPUS) 23rd Annual Awards Banquet.
The event, Thursday, March 26, in the CAW Student Centre’s Ambassador Auditorium, recognizes contributions by UWindsor faculty, staff, alumni and part-time undergraduate students to campus life.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Anthony Meloche, OPUS vice president;
- Friend of Students Award: Bruce Tucker, associate vice-president, academic;
- Teacher of the Year Award: Brian MacPherson, philosophy;
- Faculty Awards: Shelagh Towson, psychology, and Brian Brown, visual arts;
- Support Staff Awards: Martin Deck, Campus Bookstore; Martin Vaughan, Centre for Teaching and Learning; Susan McKee, School of Creative Arts;
- Appreciation Awards: Campus Dental Centre; Erin Plumb, Mahbub Khoda, Mike Livingston and Peter Soteros, OPUS Directors at Large;
- Alumni Association Academic Achievement Award: Jacqueline Lee;
- Alumni Association First Year Part-time Undergraduate Student Award: Renee Blanchette;
- Wayne Girard Leadership Memorial Award: Nicole Lynch;
- Dr. Kathleen McCrone Award: Christopher McCoy.
Eight part-time undergraduate students received OPUS bursaries valued at $500 each.
For more information, please contact the organization at 519-971-3603 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.