When Jackie Imeson joined UWindsor in 1988 she had no idea she would stay for 25 years. “Time goes by, and before you know it, it is 25 years later,” she says.
Imeson was among a group of employees recognized for 25 years of service at a June 12th luncheon in the Ambassador room, hosted by President & Vice-Chancellor Alan Wildeman and the Department of Human Resources.
Imeson started at UWindsor as a part-time clerk at the bookstore and is now a trade book buyer and textbooks buyer assistant.
“I have a good working career here and I like what I’m doing,” she says. Receiving this recognition only makes me want to stay longer.”
Chief Human Resources Officer Rita LaCivita thanked the honourees for their commitment to making the UWindsor the best place to learn, grow and work.
“Enabling people to make a better world through education, scholarship and engagement is achievable only because of the many contributions of our faculty and staff,” she says.
“Our collective contributions make a difference every day in the lives of our students and our community.”
The following employees reached 25 years of service in 2015:
- Ahmet Alpas, Mechanical, Automotive & Materials Engineering
- Jeri Baldwin, Law Library
- Tanya Basok, Sociology, Anthropology & Criminology
- Mary Anne Beaudoin, Public Affairs & Communications
- Patricia Burnett, Finance
- Deborah Cook, Philosophy
- Johanne Dean, Leddy Library
- Peter Dufour, Housekeeping & Grounds
- Donna Eansor, Faculty of Law
- Susan Eberlie, Leddy Library
- Stella Fields, Food Services
- James Green, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Jacqueline Imeson, Bookstore
- Tory James, Centre for Teaching & Learning
- Sjann Johnson, Leddy Library
- Deborah Kane, Faculty of Nursing
- Timothy Kenney, Housekeeping & Grounds
- Paulette Lafleur-Fleming, Psychological Services Centre
- Dan MacLellan, Housekeeping & Grounds
- Michael Marcon, Housekeeping & Grounds
- Nancy McMahon, Alumni & Donor Records
- Joan Morrissey, School of Computer Science
- My Nhan, Odette School of Business
- Katherine Quinsey, English Language Literature & Creative Writing
- Peter Steeves, IT Services
- Michael Sutton, Housekeeping & Grounds
- Tony Trojansek, Housekeeping & Grounds
- Nancy Ursel, Odette School of Business
- Michael Wilcox, Housekeeping & Grounds
- Rosemary Zanutto, Institutional Analysis