A sense of adventure and the chance to experience new possibilities has drawn new faculty member Lili Saghafi to the University of Windsor, where she will begin a new phase of her career as a computer science instructor.
Formerly an MBA teacher at Vancouver Island University, with a 28-year career in computer science and the IT field, Ms. Saghafi was one of 20 faculty, ancillary academic staff and librarians from different faculties attending orientation sessions ,August 10, at the Freed-Orman Commons at Assumption Hall.
Faculty Recruitment Coordinator, Gerri Pacecca says the orientation, hosted by the Office of the Provost and Vice-President Academic, provides the participants with information about the Faculty Association, career planning, including building their research programs and enhancing teaching skills, and how to navigate the renewal, tenure and promotion process.
“Presenters from several areas across campus participated in the event, and introduced attendees to the many services the University offers to help them launch their careers,” she says.
The new hires also had an opportunity to participate in the Centre for Teaching and Learning summer series and the special luncheons held on August 10 to 13.
“I felt a warm acceptance and very useful information were given during a short, two-day program,” Saghafi says.
Besides teaching computer science students, Saghafi will be evaluating the IT certificate program and developing a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), as well as online courses.
Other new faculty members include:
- Michael Batu, Economics / Science
- Timothy Brunet, Faculty Of Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences
- Scott Cowan, Leddy Library
- Laszlo Erdodi, Psychology (2014) / Faculty Of Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences
- Cara Fabre, Women's Studies (2016)/ Faculty Of Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences
- Alexandra Gayowsky, Faculty Of Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences (2014)
- Pardeep Jasra, Inter-Faculty (2014)
- Thomas Kenworthy, Odette School Of Business
- Bruce Kotowich, School Of Creative Arts / Faculty Of Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences
- Matthew Krause, Kinesiology / Human Kinetics
- Phebe Lam, Faculty Of Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences
- Trevor Mcfayden, Odette School Of Business
- Wren Montgomery, Odette School Of Business
- Mark Munsterhjelm, Sociology, Anthropology, & Criminology / Faculty Of Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences
- Sandra Neposlan, Odette School Of Business
- Ajnesh Prasad, Odette School Of Business (2016)
- Peter Savoni, Odette School Of Business
- Kendall Soucie, Psychology / Faculty Of Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences
- Yahong Zhang, Economics / Science