Windsor Law will host a screening of the film Through Their Eyes, which documents the experiences of young refugees living in Windsor, at 5 p.m. Monday, March 7, in the Moot Court.
The filmmakers follow the youths as they learn to tell their stories through a play produced by The Arts Collective Theatre and Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women.
A panel discussion to follow the screening will feature:
- the film’s director, J.D. Oppen;
- executive producer Cassandra Richardson;
- Chris Rabideau, director of the play Inside the Burden;
- youth leaders Amina Hussein and Geoffrey Lodu;
- Hugo Vega, general manager of settlement and integration services for Windsor’s YMCA;
- social worker Shelley Gilbert, Legal Assistance of Windsor;
- law professor Sujith Xavier; and
- Erwin Dimitri Selimos, a doctoral candidate in the Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Criminology.
The event, presented by the Windsor Law Equity and Diversity Committee, is free and open to the public.