A panel will provide insight on systemic racism and issues facing black minorities in a free public discussion, Friday at the downtown campus of the School of Social Work.
The University’s Black Lives Matter committee intends “Making it Awkward: Challenging Anti-Black Racism” to educate students and community members on issues specific to the black community.
- UWindsor sociology and women’s studies professor Jane Ku;
- Psychology professor Ciann Wilson of Wilfrid Laurier University;
- Windsor Police diversity, inclusion and recruitment outreach officer Wren Dosant;
- Social work student Deneece Plummer;
- Irene Moore Davis, president of the Essex County Black Historical Society; and
- Charlotte LeFrank, public education co-ordinator for the Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society.
The event will run 6 to 8 p.m. March 24 in the Pitt-Ferry Building, 167 Ferry Street.