A reception May 2 will honour kinesiology professor Victoria Paraschak as the 2017 recipient of the Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award.
The Windsor University Faculty Association’s Status of Women, Diversity and Equity Action Committee bestows the award annually to individuals who demonstrate leadership through their contributions to creating an equity culture on campus. It is named after Mary Lou Dietz, a late UWindsor faculty member and head of the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology, in recognition of her contributions to the advancement of women in Canadian universities and colleges.
For 33 years, Dr. Paraschak has contributed to women’s equity and Indigenous education on campus and afield, serving as:
- Chair of the first equity committees in the Faculty of Human Kinetics,
- co-chair of the initial Status of Women Committee at the University of Windsor,
- a member of and resource to the sexual harassment committee and the University Strategic Planning Task Force on Equity,
- an equity assessor,
- a member of the Status of Women, Diversity and Equity Action Committee since its inception, and
- a member of the review committees for employment equity and academic policy across campus for three decades.
The award presentation will begin at 4:30 p.m. May 2 at Kerr House, 366 Sunset Avenue, with a reception to follow. RSVP by April 25 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-253-3000, ext. 3365.