With the Nov. 26 launch of UWinsite Student less than two weeks away, preparations are well underway.
The next milestone is cutover — the transition from the design, build and test stage of UWinsite Student to its real-life operation — which will begin at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21. At this point, to enable the accurate conversion of data, SIS will move into read-only format and no new data can be entered into the system.
The development team encourages faculties, departments, and administrative areas that use SIS to think about the type of data they would typically input into the system in mid-to-late November and come up with alternative methods to track it until UWinsite Student launches.
- course instructor names;
- room/lab time changes or adjustments;
- potential addition of a course section for Winter depending on wait lists; and
- advisors’ comments.
On Nov. 26, once UWinsite Student is live, data from the cutover period can be input. SIS, meanwhile, will no longer be accessible to the majority of campus. All data will have been converted into UWinsite Student and information in SIS will become increasingly out-of-date.
Other systems and applications affected
Many systems on campus interface or integrate with SIS and as a result will also be affected during cutover:
- AAMS (Advanced Agent Management System) - Will continue to be operational but interface with SIS will be disabled
- ALMA - Will continue to be operational but interface with SIS will be disabled
- Animal Care - The link to take an Animal Care Test will be removed
- Blackboard - Will continue to be operational but integration with SIS will be disabled
- Early Warning - Interface with SIS will be disabled
- EDS / LDAP - LDAP will remain operational, SIS Merges to eDS will be shut down
- eGas - Will be shutdown
- Law Admissions - Will be shutdown
- myUWindsor - Will be shutdown. (See UwinCARD for services)
- Odyssey (UwinCARD) - Will continue to be operational but SIS interface will be disabled.
- Campus community members can visit the UWinCARD Office to add funds to their card using cash or debit; check their balance; place their card on hold or release it from hold; view their last 30 days’ transactions
- Adding funds to a UWinCard with cash will still be available at deposit machines located in the Leddy Library and CAW Student Centre.
- myUWindsor functionality will be disabled.
- All other UwinCARD services (laundry, printing, vending, etc.) will continue as usual.
- Success (ORBIS) - Will continue to be operational but interface with SIS will be disabled
- SCLogic (Package Tracking) - Will continue to be operational but interface with SIS will be disabled
- SIS - Will be changed to read-only with the interfaces disabled including but not limited to: OSAP, OUAC, OUETS, AuraData
- Special Needs - Will continue to be operational but link to SIS will be removed
- STG - Will continue to be operational but interfaces with SIS will be disabled
- VIP - Will continue to be operational but interfaces with SIS will be disabled