A workshop running three days during Reading Week offers training to enhance the teaching effectiveness of both new and experienced educators.
Each day of the Instructional Skills Workshop involves a morning workshop followed by a microteaching session in the afternoon, when each participant will be video-recorded teaching a lesson and will receive constructive feedback from the other participants.
Attendees will practice:
- using learning objectives to inform learners of expectations and intentions;
- writing useful, practical lesson plans;
- using questions and question sequences effectively during a lesson;
- using basic techniques to test for learning; and
- giving and receiving constructive feedback.
The workshop is scheduled for Feb. 19 to 21 in room G141, Erie Hall. Find more information, including an online registration form, on the website of the Centre for Teaching and Learning.