The Organization of Part-time University Students (OPUS) will host its 27th Annual Awards Banquet on Friday, March 22, in the student centre’s Alumni Auditorium at 6 p.m. with dinner to follow.
The event will celebrate the organization’s 50th anniversary and recognize UWindsor faculty, staff, and alumni for “Going Above and Beyond”
- Senior Administrative Support Award: David Butcher, finance;
- Friend of Students Award: Alice Miller, registrars;
- Teacher of the Year Award: Richard Caron, mathematics and statistics;
- Faculty Awards: John Cappucci, languages, literatures and cultures; Roberto Muscedere, engineering; Jean-Pierre De Villers, languages, literatures and cultures;
- Support Staff Awards: Xay Tang, Public Affairs and Communications; Robert Masino, Facility Services; Tina Palmer, computer science;
- Staff/Faculty Leadership Award: Pierre Boulos, Centre for Teaching & Learning;
- Disability Campus Community Recognition Award: David Ryan-Soderlund, Student Disability Services;
- Appreciation Awards: Canadian Federation of Students Ontario; Food and Catering Services; and Mohammad Akbar, OPUS Director at Large;
- Sponsor Appreciation Award: University of Windsor Alumni Association.
The following part-time undergraduate students will be honoured:
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Candace Spencer;
- Academic Achievement Award: Rhonda Vacheresse;
- Alumni Association First Year Part-time Undergraduate Student Award: David Branton;
- Student with Disability Achievement Award: Denise Deblock;
- Dr. Kathleen McCrone Award: Fasiha Bashir;
- Mary C. Schisler Award in Dramatic Art: Ariel Clarke;
- Ken Long Memorial Award: Sameena Sultana;
- Wayne Girard Memorial Leadership Award: Amy Blok;
- VEK Ternoey Academic 2nd Chance Award: Aalaa Al-Abid Alrsol.