Is there a secret to achieving success at university?
There is, says UWindsor computer science grad Franklin Ezenwa (BSc 2015), and he promises to share it in his recently-published book, Be a High Achiever: Achieving All-round Success in College & University.
“The content of the book was squarely directed by a survey done on current students in colleges and universities to learn about their needs, fears, concerns, and desires,” Ezenwa says.
“I garnered priceless success tips from high-achieving students.”
His tips include:
- planning a successful school journey;
- selecting the right courses and program;
- setting goals and formulating plans to bring them to fruition;
- maintaining balance at school;
- succeeding in the major areas of school life; and
- getting ready for life after graduation.
In addition to earning high grades while at university, Ezenwa participated in extracurricular activities, including more than three years mentoring peers in the Connecting4Success program. Within a week following his graduation, he was hired by IBM Canada, where he currently works as a cloud developer.