Seven campus projects have been chosen as a focus of the University of Windsor’s efforts toward #GivingTuesday, an international day to promote philanthropic donations.
Immediately following the consumerist excesses of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this year’s date falls on Dec. 3.
“There are many outstanding projects happening across campus all the time, and we wanted to highlight the diversity of great things happening at UWindsor,” says organizer Chris Knack, co-ordinator of Annual Giving. “This Giving Tuesday, be Windsor Proud and show your support of these campus initiatives by making a donation.”
The selected causes include:
- Campus Food Bank
- Crafting for a Cure Craft-a-thon
- Central European Choir Tour
- The Liberty Project
- Children's Aid Foundation Scholarship
- Cities and Climate Action Forum
- Organic Waste Diversion
To learn more about these projects and make a donation, visit www.uwindsor.ca/givingtuesday.
Other ways to support Giving Tuesday include:
- Non-perishable food items will be collected Dec. 3 at the CAW Student Centre from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., or downtown at the Armouries from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Leddy Library will allow users to pay overdue fees on materials by donating non-perishable food items.
- Mare Nostrum restaurant will invite patrons that day to round up their bills and donate the difference.
Or join in observances planned for Tuesday in the CAW Student Centre and the SoCA Armouries.