The Windsor University Faculty Association’s Status of Women, Diversity, and Equity Action Committee is now accepting nominations for the Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award for 2020.
Now in its 11th year, the award is named to honour Mary Lou Dietz — a late UWindsor faculty member and former head of the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology — in recognition of her contributions to the advancement of women in Canadian universities and colleges.
The recipient will be a current, former or a retired member of the faculty association who demonstrates the spirit of equity leadership by:
- Innovative strategies, approaches and activities for creating a climate of equity and diversity on campus;
- Leadership in recruiting diverse candidates, colleagues, and students;
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and support to students and colleagues in the spirit of equity and diversity;
- Service on equity and diversity committees;
- Service to the faculty association;
- Public advocacy on equity and diversity;
- Scholarly work, including paper presentations, lectures, or publications on equity and diversity;
- Excellence in teaching and innovative curriculum design to further the cause of employment equity and diversity.
Nominations must include the nominee’s name, title and credentials, as well as a letter outlining the nominee’s accomplishments and contributions, addressing the criteria set out above, nominations are to be received by March 2.
Send nominations to the faculty association office by:
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF or MS-Word document
- post to WUFA, 366 Sunset Ave., Windsor, ON N9B 3P4.