Do you ever find yourself mindlessly clicking a retractable pen for minutes at a time, or frantically scrolling through documents without even really reading them?
In a message sent Monday to UWindsor staff and faculty, Human Resources offers tips that can help provide some calm and clarity when you’re feeling overwhelmed:
- Clean up your immediate surroundings. Tidying the area around you restores order to a little corner of your universe and allows you to move forward.
- Focus on one task at a time. Constantly shifting our attention from one task to another can be draining. Single tasking can help us enhance focus.
- Unload your thoughts. Keep a sticky note next to you and jot down your impulses as you have them. Unloading the thought can be enough to vanquish it.
- Rethink your to-do list. Chunk like items together to make a long list more cohesive and efficient.
- Accept what you cannot control. Uncertainty and uncontrollability are part of life; focus your energy on the things that you can control.