A new resource from Human Resources consists of monthly information sheets designed to share best practices on a wide array of topics with individuals in supervisory positions. The Supervisor’s Toolkit emerged from the COVID-19 Employee Pulse Check survey.
The first information sheet highlights what supervisors can do to promote a culture of wellness within their teams. As leaders, supervisors have the opportunity to foster a workplace that encourages and promotes the well-being of their teams and colleagues. They can make a difference in employee health by providing support, offering encouragement, asking questions, and listening to employees.
The document highlights these practices:
- Stay connected — make regular check-ins.
- Communicate regularly.
- Encourage self-care.
- Address the “always on” pressure.
- Show gratitude.
- Take a break with employees and encourage healthy and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Engage employees in conversations about well-being.
- Encourage participation in wellness activities and lead by example.