UWindsor will open its doors to the public this Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. during Open Streets Windsor – an annual event connecting neighbourhoods and people around the community.
The eight-kilometre Open Streets route, spanning neighbourhoods from the west end to the east, will temporarily close street to traffic to allow people to enjoy the diversity of their community on foot.
The University will offer the following free events to the public:
· Athletics and Recreation will run fitness classes every hour featuring,
o Morning flow yoga at 10:15 a.m.
o Body weight HIIT at 11 a.m.
o Cardio Combat at 12:15 p.m.
o No equipment/no problem at 1 p.m.
· The Faculty of Science will encourage the public to make its own catapults and microscope stands at Let’s Talk Science;
· The Faculty of Engineering will engage visitors with demonstrations of a mechanical robotic arm, model bridge, wind turbine, and more;
· Centre for Cities, Student Recruitment and Education will be on hand with information tables; and
· SoCA at the downtown Windsor campus will present Creative City, a collaborative art project inviting people to come together to create a model city using cardboard boxes.