May 16th, 2022
The University of Windsor is well represented among recipients of the 2022 Arts Leadership Awards from the Windsor Endowment for the Arts:
- Clara Howitt (BA 1990, MEd 1998, PhD 2009), a superintendent with the Greater Essex County District School Board, will receive the Community Arts Leadership Award for her work to champion arts education;
- Sarah Jarvis (B.Ed 2010), president of Literary Arts Windsor, will receive the Community Arts Leadership Award for her contributions as an organizer of BookFest Windsor;
- Carl Lavoy (BFA 1976, B.Ed 1993), retired director of the Thames Art Gallery, will receive the Visual Arts Leadership Award for his mentorship to artists;
- Michael K. Potter, a learning specialist in the Centre for Teaching and Learning, will receive the Performing Arts Leadership in Theatre Award for his work as managing director of Post Productions and co-owner of the Shadowbox Theatre; and
- Tom Lucier will receive the Performing Arts Leadership in Music Award as owner of Phog Lounge, a venue for live music in the downtown core.
They will receive their awards at a ceremony at 7 p.m. Friday, May 20, on the Vision Corridor outside the Chimczuk Museum. The event will also see the presentation of the Mayor’s Arts Awards by Windsor mayor Drew Dilkens (BComm 1996, MBA 1997, JD 2011) and grants totalling $29,000 from WEA to 11 artists and organizations.
Find more information and register to attend on the event website.