Monday, Oct. 24, is the deadline to RSVP to join the Organization of Part-time University Students for its 30th annual awards banquet, recognizing part-time undergrad students, professors, and staff members for “Going the Extra Mile.”
The event, beginning at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, will honour:
- Distinguished Service Award: Chris Lanoue;
- Friend of Students Award: Antonio Rossini;
- Staff/Faculty Leadership Award: Mark Trudell;
- Support Staff Awards: Nancy McMahon, Gina Alb, and Murray Taylor;
- Faculty Awards: Vincent Manzerolle and Victor Sevillano Canicio;
- Appreciation Award: Ronnie Haidar;
- Departmental Appreciation Award: Student Centre Pharmacy;
- Student Leader Appreciation Award: Gagneet Kaur;
- Alumni Association First-Year Part-Time Undergraduate Student Award: Ashley Carson;
- Alumni Association Academic Achievement Award: Allison Knapp;
- Dr. Kai Hildebrandt Part-time Student Award: Rhonda Vacheresse;
- Dr. Susan Wendt Hildebrandt Part-time Student Award: Selma Huxley-Gannage;
- Mary C. Schisler Award in Dramatic Arts: Morghan Paige Curtis;
- Ken Long Memorial Award: Logan McQueen;
- Dr. Kathleen McCrone Award: Andrea Halin;
- V.E.K. Ternoey Second Chance Award: Julien Chin;
- Wayne Girard Memorial Leadership Award: David Adeniran;
- Student with Disability Achievement Award: Paviththira Chodha.
In addition, OPUS bursaries were awarded to nine undergraduate students based on financial need. Two of these bursaries are sponsored by Alumni Association and three by Campus Dental Centre.
To attend, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.