The Student Success and Leadership Centre has released dates for the 2023 Head Start orientation program, which introduces new students to campus facilities and services, as well as academic expectations at a university level.
Four in-person Head Start dates will be offered alongside one virtual afternoon session for mature, transfer, and part-time students. Three of the four in-person dates are faculty days, which offer program-specific success sessions and other opportunities for students.
One general date in August will also offer presentations specific to mature, transfer, and part-time learners, as well as information and resources relevant to new students no matter their academic program.
- Friday, July 7: arts, humanities, social sciences, and education
- Saturday, July 8: science, nursing, and education
- Friday, July 28: engineering, business, and human kinetics
- Saturday, Aug. 12: general, mature, transfer, and part-time
- Wednesday, Aug. 16: online mature, transfer, and part-time session
Students are encouraged to attend their faculty-specific day, however if they are unable to, there are provisions in each schedule for appropriate support.
Head Start allows attendees to tour the grounds and buildings, to visit the Campus Bookstore, get their UWin Card photos taken, explore residence halls — and gives them a chance to win $500 off their tuition.
Registration will open in May. Find more information on the Head Start website.