Based on the information currently available, the University of Windsor sadly confirms that at least five individuals who appear on the passenger list of Ukrainian International Airlines’ Flight PS752, which crashed in Iran on Jan. 8, are members of the UWindsor student and research community.
“The entire University of Windsor is heartbroken by this news and we extend our heartfelt condolences to the family, friends, and colleagues of everyone impacted by this terrible tragedy,” said president Robert Gordon.
“At this very difficult time we will support each other as a university family and will provide counselling and additional support services to anyone on campus in need.”
Resources available on campus include:
- Student Counselling Services, located on the second floor of the CAW Student Centre, room 293.
- Student Health Services, located on the second floor of the CAW Student Centre, room 242.
- My Student Support Program, a 24/7 telecounselling and text service that offers counselling services in more than 140 languages. It can be reached by phone at 1-844-451-9700, or by downloading the app through the App Store or Google Play.
- If you are a member of a group of students and want to participate in an organized debrief as a group, contact the Office of Student Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a session.
- Human Resources - Employee and Family Assistance Program – grief and trauma support services will be available for anyone on Thursday, Jan. 9, in room 3000, Centre for Engineering Innovation. Group sessions from 10 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. Individual sessions will be offered from 11:15 a.m. to noon and 2:15 to 3 p.m. For further information, contact Tom Puskas in Human Resources at 253-3000, ext. 2048.
Additionally, Morneau Shepell is now offering a new Crisis Support Line for anyone in the community in need of emotional support in relation to these events. The Crisis Support Line is open 24/7 and can be reached at: 1-866-885-6540. Those who call will receive professional emotional support and/or referral to community resources.
The University will provide additional information as it becomes available, and further details on a memorial service will be shared with the campus community in the days to come.