Jan 18th, 2022
Because it marks the start of the workweek for most people, Monday can get a bad rap.
In a message sent Monday to UWindsor faculty and staff, Human Resources shares tips to help make the most out of every Monday:
- Start your week with an easy task. This will give you an immediate sense of accomplishment and allow you to start your week on a positive note.
- If possible, tackle the same task every Monday morning. A routine can help you balance your day and allow you to focus and prioritize.
- Tackle the most challenging task early on in the day rather than putting it off. The satisfaction of completing it will also give you a boost for the rest of the day.
- Take a break. Step away from your work area at lunch and give your mind time to relax. This will help you feel more focused and energized in the afternoon.
- Remember that Monday is just another day. If you usually use a negative word to describe Mondays, replace it with a positive word to help reframe your mind.
Of course, these tips can be applied to every day of the week. Read the entire Wellness Tip of the Week.