Associate Dean of Engineering for Research & Graduate Studies
519-253-3000 ext. 5076
Office: 2120 CEI
- Digital signal processing
- Machine vision, pattern recognition & neural network architectures
- VLSI implementation, computer arithmetic
- Memristive based circuits
- BSc in Electrical Engineering from Sharif University of Technology in Tehran, Iran in 1971
- PhD in Electrical Engineering from Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK, in 1977
- Chartered Engineer (UK)
- Fellow of IET (UK)
- Fellow of IEEE (USA)
- S. Hashemi Namin, H. Wu, M. Ahmadi “Low Power Design for A Digit-Serial Polynomial Basis Finite Field Multiplier Using Factoring Technique” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on VLSI. Date of Acceptance June 7, 2016.
- S. Nikan, M.Ahmadi “A Local Gradient-Based Illumination Invariant Face Recognition Using LPQ and Multi-Resolution LBP Fusion” IET Image Processing Journal., Vol.9, Iss. 1, 2015, pp 12-21.
- F. Awin, E. Abdel-Raheem, M.Ahmadi “Designing an Optimal Energy Efficient Cluster-Based Spectrum Sensing for Cognitive Radio Networks," paper number CL2016-1285.R1, is now accepted for publication in the IEEE Communications Letters. Date of Acceptance 17/06/2016.
- S.M.H. Mousavi, S.V. Makki, H.Siahkamari, S. Alirezaee, M.Ahmadi “ Performance Improvement of Microstrip LPF Based on Transfer Function Analysis” to appear in IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters. 3 journal manuscript pages.
- N. Kandalaft, R. Rashidzadeh, M.Ahmadi “ Testing 3-D IC Through-Silicon-Vias (TSVs) by Direct Probing” IEEE Trans. On Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, April 2013, Vol. 32, No. 4 pp538-546.