Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Electrified Vehicles
519-253-3000 ext. 4796
Office: 3035 CEI
- PhD, Kitami Institute of Technology, Japan, 2000
- MSc, Kitami Institute of Technology, Japan, 1997
- BSc, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh, 1992
- Permanent magnet and induction machine design
- Control and testing for electric vehicle application
- Torque ripple and cogging torque determination, analysis and minimization
- Advanced and new materials for stator and rotor core and winding
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Professional Engineer, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
- E. Ghosh, A. Mollaeian, W. Hu, and N. C. Kar, “A novel control strategy for on‐line harmonic compensation in parametrically unbalanced induction motor,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2016.
- G. Feng, C. Lai, and N. C. Kar, “Expectation Maximization Particle Filter and Kalman Filter based Permanent Magnet Temperature Estimation for PMSM Condition Monitoring using High-Frequency Signal Injection,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, in press, 2016.
- C. Lai, K. L. V. Iyer, X. Lu, and N. C. Kar, “Analysis of Electromagnetic Torque and Effective Winding Inductance in a Surface-Mounted PMSM during Integrated Battery Charging Operation,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, May 2015.
- X. Lu, K. L. V. Iyer, K. Mukherjee, K. Ramkumar, and N. C. Kar, “Investigation of Permanent Magnet Motor Drives Incorporating Damper Bars for Electrified Vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, pp. 3234-3244, 2015.
- B. Esteban, M. Sid Ahmed, N. C. Kar, “A Comparative Study of Power Supply Architectures in Wireless EV Charging Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 30, pp. 6408-6422, 2015.