519-253-3000 ext. 2571
Office: 3037 CEI
- PhD, Louisiana State University, USA, 1998
- MSc, Louisiana State University, USA, 1996
- BEng, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, 1985
- Robust control & control of networked systems
- Field sensor network
- Data-driven optimization
- Automotive control
Professional Services and Affiliations
- Associate Editor, SIAM (Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, USA) Journal on Control and Optimization
- Technical Editor, IEEE/ASME Transaction on Mechatronics
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Intelligent Robotics and Applications
- Member of IEEE, ASME, and SAE
- P.Eng in Ontario
- Prasad Divekar, Qingyuan Tan, Ying Tan, Xiang Chen, and Ming Zheng, “Model Guided Extremum Seeking for Diesel Engine Fuel Injection Optimization”, in press, IEEE/ASME Transaction on Mechatronics.
- Yu Feng, Xiang Chen, and Guoxiang Gu, “Robust Stabilization Subject to Structured Uncertainties and Mean Power Constraint”, in press, Automatica.
- Yu Feng, Xiang Chen, and Guoxiang Gu, “Output Feedback Stabilization for Discrete-Time Systems under Limited Communication”, IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control, Vol. 62, Issue 4, pp. 1927-1932, 2017.
- Yu Feng, Xiang Chen, and Guoxiang Gu, “Observed-based Stabilizing Controllers for Discrete-Time Systems with Quantized Signal and Multiplicative Random Noise”, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 251-265, 2016.
- Luis Alvergue, A. Pandey , Guoxiang Gu , and Xiang Chen, ``Consensus Control for Heterogeneous Multi-Agent Systems'', SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 1719-1738, 2016.
- Xuebo Zhang, Xiang Chen, Jose Luis Alarcon-Herrera, and Yongchun Fang, “3D Model-based Multi-Camera Deployment: A Recursive Convex Optimization Approach”, IEEE/ASME Transaction on Mechatronics, Vol. 20, No. 6, 3157-3169, 2015.