519-253-3000 ext. 4795
Office: 3047 CEI
- Digital signal, image & video processing
- Signal processing for communications
- VLSI implementations of signal processing algorithms & communication circuits
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering (Electronics & Communication), Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1984.
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1989.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada, 1995.
- P.Eng., Professional Engineers, Ontario (Since 2007)
- Senior Member of IEEE (Since 2000)
- F. Awin, E. Abdel-Raheem, and M. Ahmadi, Joint Optimal Transmission Power and Sensing Durations of Energy Efficient Spectrum Sensing for Cognitive Radio System, IEEE Sensors J., Vol. 17, pp. 369-376, Jan. 2017.
- F. Awin, E. Abdel-Raheem, and M. Ahmadi, Designing an Optimal Energy Efficient Cluster-Based Spectrum Sensing for Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 20, Issue 9, pp. 1884-1887, June 2016.
- N. Jaber, W. G. Cassidy, K. Tepe, and E. Abdel-Raheem, Passive Cooperative Collision Warning (PCCW) MAC Designs for Reliable Vehicular Safety Messaging, Vehicular Communications , Elsevier, Vol. 2, pp. 95-109, Apr. 2015.
- F. Awin, E. Abdel-Raheem, and M. Ahmadi, Optimization of Multi-Level Hierarchical Cluster-Based Spectrum Sensing Structure in Cognitive Radio Networks, Digital Signal Processing , Elsevier, Vol. 36, pp. 15-25, Jan. 2015.
- I.G. Muhammad, E. Abdel-Raheem, and K. Tepe, Blind Adaptive Low-Complexity Time-Domain Equalizer Algorithms for ADSL Systems by Adjacent Lag Auto-correlation Minimization (ALAM), Digital Signal Processing, Elsevier, Vol. 23, Issue 5, pp. 1695-1703, Sept. 2013.