Welcome to the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (FAHSS) at the University of Windsor! During your time in FAHSS, you will have an opportunity to BE EXCEPTIONAL through your area of study:
Connect with us!
Register for a Virtual Coffee Chat with our Student Recruitment Officer, Sheri Lowrie!
Instructions to Register:
- Visit Student Recruitment Bookings.
- Select the "Arts & Humanities" or "Social Science" option.
- Pick a date and time.
- Enter your personal information.
- Click book and Sheri will reach out!
Frequently Asked Questions
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the University of Windsor offers a wide variety of opportunities to students to help enhance their skills development and student experience.
Opportunities include, but not limited to:
- Practica and internships in individual academic departments.
- Student exchange
- Community-service learning (i.e., VIP - Community Service Learning)
- Leadership development courses (i.e., Mentorship and Learning, Praticum of Social Change)
Yes! There are a lot of involvement opportunities outside of the classroom.
The University of Windsor has over 150 clubs and societies governed by the University of Windsor Students' Alliance (UWSA). In addition, other university departments offer opportunities to be involved (i.e., Student Success and Leadership Centre's LEAD program).
There are a lot of different opportunities for you to get involved with undergraduate research.
The University of Windsor offers the Outstanding Scholars program for high achieving students starting in their second year. This is an unique program that provides students with mentorship with faculty members, while engage in research in undergraduate.
Faculty members also offers research assistant opportunities for students who they may know. So, it is IMPORTANT to establish a professional student-professor relationship!
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the University of Windsor offer services to help with course selection.
The Central Academic Advising Office provides students with general advising, while each academic department has specific academic advisors to help with course selection and academic advising. No matter what year you're in, we got you cover!
There are a lot of different services and programs to help support you during your academic journey.
- Academic departments offer individual academic advising for students who need help.
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- The Office of the Associate Dean, Academic and Student Success has a dedicated Undergraduate Student Experience Coordinator who is responsible for academic support programs. Programs include Pathway to Academic and Student Success and Flourish to help students learn and gain new skills to help with their academics!
It is okay if you do not know what you want to do! You can do a double-major (sometimes called combined program) with most of our FAHSS programs! If you're interested in two disciplines, then you have the opportunity to combine! You can graduate with two disciplines within four years!
Our programs offer that flexiblity to students who would like to double-major!
Interested in a discipline, but do not want to major? Well, you have the opportunity to minor if you would like! With a completion of 6 courses within the respected discipline, you can declare a minor within your degree. We have a lot of options for students to select from!
Students should receive their admissions starting in January.
Competitive program offers will go out later.
First Year Student's Point of View (POV)