Research Opportunities for Students

Students who are interested in conducting research at an institution abroad may be eligible for funding through the Mitacs Globalink program. You’ll need to work with a researcher here at UWindsor who meets eligibility requirements in order to find an international placement, and you’ll need to be eligible to maintain full-time student status. Your professor should get in touch with UWindsor’s Mitacs representatives to get the process started.

Globalink can also help international students do research here at UWindsor! Start with a professor at your home university, and ask them to contact Katie Facecchia ( or Wilson Luo ( for help.

Check the EduCanada website for information about Scholarships for Canadian students and postdoctoral researchers to study abroad or Scholarships for non-Canadian students and postdoctoral researchers to study in Canada.