- Builds on the informal logic movement in Philosophy at the University of Windsor.
- Complements that longstanding strength with perspectives and applications from across the disciplines — Psychology, English (Rhetoric), Computer Science, Visual Arts, Law, Political Science, and Teaching and Learning.
- Provides unique and powerful training for a range of careers from human resources and conflict resolution to policy development, research, and education.
- Fall double course in the history and traditions of argumentation theory.
- Winter double course in contemporary advanced interdisciplinary approaches and applications.
- Audit winter course addressing fresh contemporary advanced topics.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
Deadline for Fall: There will be no admissions to Argumentation Studies for Fall 2024 as it is temporarily on hold. Inquiries can be sent to: PHILOS@uwindsor.ca.
Minimum TOEFL: IBT-100
Minimum IELTS: 7.0
Minimum Pearson: 68
Statement of Research Interest include relevant experience and proposed thesis project (500-800 words).