Books in Jurisprudence/Legal Theory
- 2008. Author. Hegel's Laws: the legitimacy of a modern legal; order (Stanford: Stanford University Press).
- 2001. Author, The Invisible Origins of Legal Positivism: a re-reading of a tradition
- (Dordrecht: Kluwer; Philosophy and Law Series), 350 pages, hard and soft.
- 1998. Author, The Phenomenology of Modern Legal Discourse(Aldershot UK/ Brookfield, USA/ Singapore/ Sydney, Australia: Dartmouth/Ashgate), 285 pages.
Books in Constitutional Theory
- 1989. Author, Images of a Constitution(Toronto: University of Toronto Press; 2nd printing, Soft 1993) (365 pages). Awarded "The Best Book subsidized by Social Science Federation and published in English for 1989" by Canadian Social Science Federation.
- 1979. Author, In Defence of Fundamental Rights(Alphen aan den Rijn / Germantown, Maryland: Sijthoff & Noordhoff / Kluwer), 324 pages.
- 1981, 1982, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. Editor, Windsor Yearbook of Access to Justice
- 1985. Co-Editor with M.L.A Marasinghe,
- Law, Language and Development (Colombo; Lakehouse Publishers), 240 pages.
- 1984. Co-Editor with M.L.A. Marasinghe,
- Essays in Third World Perspectives of Jurisprudence (Singapore: Malayan Law Journal) 442 pages. 1982. Editor-in-Chief, Windsor Yearbook of Access to Justice, Vol. 2, 379 pages.
- 1981. Founding Editor-in-Chief, Windsor Yearbook of Access to Justice, Vol. 1, 1981, xxv, 361 pages.
Books in progress
- The Twilight of Legality: Concept, Structure and Language in the Quest for a Boundary
- The Enigma of the International Legal Order: the Law of Mass Statelessness.