Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are due by January 15th, 2021. For more information about program specifics, consult the graduate calendar for the MFA in Visual Art and MFA in Film & Media Arts.
Application procedures and requirements:
- Begin your online application with the Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Have an Honours B.A. with a major in Visual Arts or Media Arts (or from equivalent undergraduate programs in cognate disciplines who are engaged in the study of art and/or, culture).
- Have attained at least a 73% average in undergraduate courses.
- Have successfully completed course work in art history, visual culture or related cultural theory (applicants may be considered for the program with the stipulation that deficiences be made up).
- Present transcripts of all university and/or college-level work.
- Present three letters of recommendation.
- A 500-word letter of intent outlining your studio interests, why you are interested in pursuing an MFA at the University of Windsor, and what kind of work you plan to produce in the program.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (C.V.).
- English Proficiency Tests: For applicants whose native language is not English, a minimum score of 220 on the TOEFL English proficiency test or 6.5 on the IELTS is required.
- A portfolio of recent work must be included with your Master of Fine Arts application. [see portfolio specifications below].
Applications for admission to the Master of Fine Arts programs must be complete by January 15, 2021 to be considered for financial awards from the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
If you need clarification on any of the above information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / phone (519) 253-3000 x 2829.
All submissions must include a single PDF portfolio document with images and embedded links as well as listing title, date, medium and dimensions for each image/video.
This file must be uploaded with your E-Gas application.
Submit up to 20 JPEG images
Image resolution should not exceed 1024×768
Submit 3 video samples
Videos may also be submitted as Quicktime (.MOV) files
Files should not exceed 3 minutes in length