How to Submit an Application:
- Review the following steps for submitting a graduate application at the University of Windsor
- Follow steps 1,2,3 & 4 from the Faculty of Graduate Studies webpage to submit your application and upload your application documents
Quick Link: Create your application in iApply
Quick Link: Upload your application documents in eGAS
Please note: When choosing the program on the application site you will choose - main campus.
The following documents must be submitted online through eGAS for Winter 2024:
- Winter 2024 - Advanced Standing Applications - The deadline to apply and submit a complete application is September 1, 2023
*All practicum placements must be completed in Ontario in-person*
- Supplementary Application Form (Soc Wrk App)
- Professional Experience Form and extra pages
- Study Plan/Research Interest Essay Guidelines
- Policy Statement
- Letter of Support - if currently employed OR Letter of Agreement if unemployed, working part-time, contractual basis, or self-employed
- Three (3) reference forms: current supervisor, helping professional, and academic (preferred) or supplementary supervisor. Please be sure to provide Instructions to your Referees.
Need Assistance with your application? Please reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Application Information:
This is an Online Synchronous program, therefore students are expected to attend all classes and be available during class times. All applicants must refer to the program schedule available online to ensure that you are able to attend (online orientation which spans 2 weeks in August or December
We consider applications until the program is full. If there are no more spots, applicants can apply to the next intake
If you applied previously, you will be required to upload all your documents again into eGAS
Ensure that all required documents are submitted by the application deadlines. Applicants will be considered when all supporting documents, including electronic transcripts and references, have been submitted via the University's electronic graduate application system (eGas).
Electronic transcripts submitted to eGAS must include the applicant's name, the name of the institution, and the program of study. Documents submitted that do not include all required information will not be accepted.
Graduate admissions no longer require a physical copy of your academic transcripts for the purpose of making an application. However, successful applicants will be contacted by the School of Social Work and required to provide official transcripts. Please do not have your official transcripts sent to the University of Windsor, until you have received an offer of admission.
Transcript evidence of successful completion of one undergraduate course in statistics and one in research methods will be required before starting the Online Master of Social Work for Working Professionals program.
International Students: Applicants applying to the MSWwp Program will require proof of Canadian Citizenship or permanent residency as defined by the Immigration Act (Canada), or of eligibility for employment in Canada.