Clinical neuropsychologists apply specialized knowledge in assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with neurological, medical, psychiatric, or neurodevelopmental disorders across the lifespan.
What Kind of Questions will a Neuropsychological Evaluation Answer?
- My child has epilepsy. What aspects of learning and behaviour are affected and what can we do about it?
- My loved one is more forgetful than usual. Is this a sign of dementia?
- My teenager had a concussion during a hockey game and is still having problems. Why is it taking so long for them to recover?
- My partner is having trouble keeping up with work and family expectations, Now, there is a disciplinary letter in their file at work. Could this be adult Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder?
What are Typical Reasons for Referral?
- Determination of strengths, weaknesses, and appropriate treatment after brain injuries, stroke, epilepsy, and other neurological disorders
- Investigation to determine whether brain dysfunction adds to difficulties with mood regulation or to engagement in illegal behaviour
- Evaluation of learning, memory and/or behaviour problems across the lifespan
- Desire to have current ability profile and updated recommendations after brain surgery or another intervention
- Need for In-depth neurodevelopmental assessments for children with multiple risk factors