Office of Associate Vice-President, Operations
401 Sunset Ave. Windsor, ON N9B 3P4
Room 610, Chrysler Hall Tower
519-253-3000 ext. 6352
Sustainability Peer Educators (Summer 2023)
Brahmjot Singh (He/Him)
- Program/Major: MEng Environmental Engineering (2nd Term)
- Hometown: Ambala, India
- What you hope to learn this term: Being an environmental engineering student, I would like to enhance my skills and experience in the field of sustainability. I hope to deepen my understanding of sustainable practices and develop practical solutions that can inspire others to embrace a more eco-conscious lifestyle.
- How do you engage with sustainability? I actively engage with sustainability by participating in community clean-up events, volunteering with local environmental organizations, and advocating for sustainable practices among my friends and peers.
- Favourite quote: "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it." - Robert Swan
- Favourite reusable item: Stainless steel water bottle, which I always carry with me so that I can reduce consumption of single-use plastic bottles.
Folakemi Folami (she/her)
- Program/Major: Master of Materials Chemistry and Engineering (2022-2023).
- Hometown: Nigeria
- What you hope to learn this term: I am interested in joining the team because I am excited about researching on sustainability best practices and collaborating with campus and/or community groups on a variety of initiatives and campaigns to share, educate and increase sustainability awareness with staff, faculty and students.
- How do you engage with sustainability? I engage with sustainability by eating more plant-based meal and using re-useable grocery bags.
- Favourite quote: "You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make" – Jane Goodall
- Interesting fact about sustainability: Being green is more than just buying ‘eco’. It is an unshakable commitment to a sustainable lifestyle. – Jennifer Nini
Jana Jandal Alrifai (she/her)
- Program/Major: Environmental Studies with a GIS certificate (3rd year)
- Hometown: Windsor, Ontario
- What you hope to learn this term: I am looking forward to learning more about the university's sustainability efforts. I am interested in navigating environmental policies through an institutional perspective.
- How do you engage with sustainability? I am a part of different environmental organizations on and off campus like the JULL Club and the Windsor-Essex Youth Climate Council.
- Favourite quote: “I would say that there exist a thousand unbreakable links between each of us and everything else, and that our dignity and our chances are one. The farthest star and the mud at our feet are a family[...] We are at risk together, or we are on our way to a sustainable world together. We are each other's destiny.” - Mary Oliver, Upstream
Orges Saliu (he/him)
- Program/Major: Computer Science
- Hometown: Tirana, Albania
- What I hope to learn this term: I am excited to join the team to expand my knowledge in sustainability and its intersection with technology. I believe that incorporating sustainable practices in the field of computer science can have a significant impact on creating a greener future.
- How I engage with sustainability: I actively participate in recycling programs and advocate for sustainable practices in my community. Additionally, I enjoy learning about renewable energy solutions and ways to reduce carbon footprints.
- Favorite quote: "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it." - Robert Swan