Generally, two awards, valued at $1,500 each are made annually to honour and recognize distinguished teaching on campus and to provide incentive and encouragement for achieving excellence in this field. All full-time members of the teaching faculty at the University, with a minimum of five consecutive years of teaching at the University of Windsor are eligible to be nominated for the award. A faculty member may win the award only once in 10 years. Previous applicants may be considered but must be re-nominated.
- The nominee must be a full-time member of the teaching faculty at the University of Windsor with a minimum of five consecutive years of teaching.
- The nominee can submit their name for nomination or be nominated; in either case, the nomination must be supported by up to three other faculty members and no more than three former students.
Items required to complete nomination:
- University of Windsor eCV.
- Summary of Teaching Evaluations from the last five years. Ask for sample document for style and information required.
- Teaching Philosophy (no more than 2 pages).
- Up to six letters of support (three faculty letters and three student/alumni letters). Note: A reference document that outlines the criteria for the letters of support will be provided.
- February 28 for Nomination form, eCV, Summary of Teaching Evaluations (sample document available)
- March 28 for all letters of support and Teaching Philosophy
Contact Katherine Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Alumni Relations office for more information about the nomination process and deadlines.